Monday, March 16, 2009

Featured Student - Mike Flaxman


Mike is one cool dude.

- how many classes have you finished?
3 classes and am currently taking my 4th

- what is your track?
Public Sector Management and Leadership

- what do you do for work?
I work at the UCLA, Undergraduate Research Center for the sciences. We have a number of programs that provide undergraduates with training, experience and funding to conduct research in labs. We serve several hundred students a year from a variety of different backgrounds and get our funding from private and government sources.

- what are your professional goals?
To be able to move up the ladder at UCLA and eventually get involved in more community oriented programs. Unfortunately I don’t have much of a background in science and tend to get lost when students talk to me about their research…

- what do you enjoy doing outside of work/school?
I am addicted to NBA basketball and am insanely passionate about the Lakers (I never miss a game). Boston fans beware! I also love music, hiking and the beach….

No comments:

Post a Comment