Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Featured Student - Alex Aleman



This is Alex Aleman.

- how many classes have you finished?
I have completed 3 courses and I am currently attending MPA 650 Public Policy Process.

- what is your track?
Non-profit Management.

- what do you do for work?
For the last 6 months I have been working for a non-profit agency developing and managing After-School Programs in grades K-12 for underrepresented children and youth.

Prior to coming to the non-profit sector, I worked for the CBS show Survivor where I served as a Purchasing Manager & Production Assistant. Most of my professional background, however, has been in the labor movement as an Education & Training Director developing and managing programs in staff & member leadership development, workforce and community development, and management-labor relations.

- what are your professional goals?
To continue to utilize my education, experience, and skills to make a difference in underrepresented communities. Upon completion of the MPA program I hope to play a leadership role as an Executive Director at a non-profit or founding my own Non-profit agency.

- what do you enjoy doing outside of work/school?
I enjoy adventure and eco-travel like jungle trekking, scuba diving, and exploration. I have just completed a four and a half year road trip in my 4X4 to Mexico and Central America. I am an Off-road enthusiast and member of the local Off-road Land Rover Club.

Find Alex at: AAleman.Survivor@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment