Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Featured Student - Micelle Horner

Micelle Horner
Photo soon...

- what is your track?
No track because I started the program in 2007 and opted to stay general. I am taking more courses oriented to Non-profits though. I also tend to be more interested in classes regarding public policy.

- what do you do for work?
I don't really have a permanent job, I intern for the city of West Hollywood City Council and I also intern/volunteer at a non-profit in Westwood called "Healthy Child Healthy World".

- what are your professional goals?
My professional goals are to first obtain permanent work in an administrative capacity, either in the public sector or non-profit settings. From there I would like to build a tenured career in which I am able to facilitate good work for the public, whether that be research and creating policy to improve programs or working as advocate for liberal issues.

My other goal is to establilsh a non-profit. I envision this to manifest itself as a dance company that would create awareness on political and community issues through art/choreography.

- what do you enjoy doing outside of work/school?
Outside of work and school I spend my time rehearsing with the Kirstin Sarfde Dance Company (show in early June!) as well as pursuing a vocal career (which is on the back burner til i find a new producer, lol). I also spend my free time on the beach when it's hot, riding my bike around town and wine tasting. Of course, going out dancing and kareoke is always something I willingly participate in! I love attending music and dance performances when I can and visiting family back home in San Fransisco.

mhorner916@gmail.com is where you can find her.

No comments:

Post a Comment